CV of Prof. Dr Yogendra Man Shakya »
CV of Mr Devendra Man Shakya »
||Prof. Dr. Yogendra Man Shakya
(specialist in G.P. & Emergency)
||28th Nov 1967
||443/29, Paknajol Marg, Kathmandu
Phone No. : 4266518, 4221391 Fax No. : 009 771 4251850
Email :email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
| Academic Qualification
|| MBBS Degree,
M.P. India (1994)
(GP & Emergency, 1998)
- Professor in Department of Emergency and General Practice, Institute of Medicine, Maharajgunj Medical Campus, TU Teaching Hospital Kathmandu Nepal since 2 August 2015
- Associate Professor in Dept of Emergency and General Practice,
21 October 2008 to 1 August 2015
Professor in Dept of GP & Emergency, IOM TUTH since March 2000
to October 2008
- Teaching Assistant
Dept. of G.P. & Emergency, I.O.M., TU, Teaching Hospital from July 1998 to March 2000.
- Medical Officer in Bir
Dept. of Medicine for 6 months
|International Training Exposure
- 8-21 January 2014-. GOTEBORG UNIVERSITY THE SAHLGRENSKA ACADEMY SWEDEN in Teacher Exchange through the Global University as teacher at the undergraduate programme in Medicine at Goteborg University.
- 29 October –November 23 2012. PRASAT NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUE, BANGKOK, THAILAND for International course : Neurology for Non- Neurologist.
- Academic Visit to
of West Chester,
for six weeks observer ship in
Internal Medicine, Geriatric and Emergency Medicine under Dr.
Jeffrey M Brensilver Director of
Medicine. Invitation arrangement by Dr. Philip Heinegg from 10 Oct to 22 Nov 2006.
- Academic Visit to
: From 18-31 July 2005 Bangladesh Institute of
Research and Rehabilitation in Diabetes, Endocrine and Metabolic
Disorders (BIRDEM) for training in PREVENTIVE FOOT CARE IN
- Academic visit to U.K. for Special Trainings
of G.P. (from 4th Oct 1998 to 14th Nov 1998)
- Visit to
Darussalam & Singapore : 15-24 Sep 2005, Short
listed in Gurkha Reserve Unit, Bander Seri Begawan.
- Visit to Taiwan, as Doctor to provide
Emergency Medical Care for 21 Deaf Peoples, who attended for 6th Asia Pacific Games for Deaf from 28th Oct to 9th Nov 2001.
- Visit to Bangkok, to attend 14th
National Convention organized by Nepal Association of Travel Agent
(NATA) on 25 to 28 September 2002
- International Committee Of Red Cross for the ERTC (Emergency Room Trauma Course) as potential Instructor at, 16-19 November 2010.
- NSET of Nepal, as Assistant Instructor to Hospital Preparedness for Emergency (HOPE)course conducted Nov 11-14, 2008 Lalitpur program for Enhancement of Emergency Response PEER.
- February 1998, in
relationship of Patient's Age, Blood Pressure, and Duration of
pain on Morbidity and Mortality of Patient presenting to Surgery
with symptoms of GENERALISED PERITONITIS prospective observational
case series submitted to the IOM TU Teaching Hospital for
|Articles Published in Journals
- Journal of
Health Research Council. Incidence of High Altitude Illness at Mt.Kailash Mansarovar (4500m), Tibet by Direct Helicopter Flight, A Cross - Sectional
Study Journal of Nepal Health Research Council 2004 ; vol2 number
- Association of moderate level of Anxiety in functional dyspeptic patients attending out door general practice in teaching Hospital. published in Journal of Institute of Medicine. August 2014, 36:2.
- Relationship between Age and Helicobacter Pylori Serology in Dyspeptic Patients presenting to General Practice OPD of Tribhuvan University, Teaching Hospital Kathmandu Nepal: Shakya YM.
Published in Journal of Society of Surgeons of Nepal.JSSN 2013;16 (2)18-22. December 2013. Vol.16, no. 2, ISSN 1815-3984. www.jssn.org.np
- Published in Journal of Nepal Health Research Council : Shakya YM. Incidence of High Altitude Illness at Mt. Kailash Mansarovar (4500m), Tibet by Direct Helicopter Flight, A Cross – Sectional Study. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council 2004;vol2 number 130-34
- Publish in Journal of Institute of Medicine : Health status of the Ex- British Nepalese army men who underwent General health check -up in TUTH,Vol.28, issue 1,2006
of Workshop Passed
, Mount Sinai
10 - 11 Nov 2006, 3rd Annual Participate in the educational
activity titled orthopaedics for the
primary care provider
- Attain International
Conference and Training Programme on
Diabetes Mellitus from 1-2 Aug 2005. organized by Diabetes
- Training for
Instructors (TFI) Course on National Society for earthquake
Program for enhancement of Emergency response (PEER) Conducted in
- The Princess Alice
Hospice Course in Essential Palliative care (International) from
22-25 March 2006 in Patan Hospital by
Dr. Max, approved by Prof. Richard Associate Dean Brighton & Subbex Medical School University of Brighton
- Primary Trauma Care
Management of 2nd Day course organized by World Federation of
Societies of Anaesthesiologist &
local course coordinator
for community development programme in
education, management & prevention of Diabetes Mellitus on 13
- Advanced Life Support
in Obstetrics (ALSO) on 24th-25th 1998,
- Teacher training on
helping students learn on 9th-14th July 2000
- Pediatric Advanced Life
Support Instructor Course on Nov 1999
- Research Workshop on 14th-18th Oct 1996
- National STD HIV case
management on 1996
- Computer Based “Mass
Causality Management “Simulating exercise Jointly Organized by
HMG/Nepal, MOH, DHS, Epidemiology of Disease, Control Division,
Royal Danish Embassy and WHO held from 28th August – 21st September 2001, Kathmandu.
- Sound Shore Hospital, Westchester New York 22 Nov and General Practitioner
's Association of Nepal (GPAN) from 26-27 Nov 2006 Kathmandu, about incidence of High Altitude
Sickness at Mt.Kailash Mansarovar by Direct Helicopter Flight.
- Paper present in 33 ACEM (Australian College for Emergency Medicine) Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand, 20-24 November 2016
- Paper present in WONCA SAR Conference 2015 (World Organization of Family Doctors: South Asia Region) Dhaka, Bangaladesh, 13-14 February 2015
- Paper present in Nepal Emergency Medicine Seminar, 2015 (NEMsem15), IOM, TUTH Department of General Practice and Emergency Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal, 29-30 September 2015
- 2nd paediatric ENT basic course organized by ENT Head and Neck Studies, TUTH, as a guest speaker on the topic Sore throat and Tonsillitis 20 September 2014
- As a speaker in Toxicology Seminar 2013 (TOXsem 13), IOM, TUTH Department of General Practice and Emergency Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal on 11-12 September 2013
- On topic Ear Discharge in paediatric ENT basic course held at TUTH, 16-17 August 2013
- Organised Toxicology Seminar 2013, TOXsem 13, as Chairperson in IOM, TUTH, Department of General Practice and Emergency Medicine, 11-12 September 2013 with guests from Australia
- Free paper in South Asia Regional WONCA and GPAN Conference 2-4 December 2010, Kathmandu, Bridging Rural and Urban Health by General Practise
- Associate member in
Royal College of General Practice (
) from 4th March 1999, Reg. NO. 47249/A/O/S
- Member in Rotary Club of Thamel
- WONCA (World Organization of Family Doctors),
Wonca World & Wonca Europe Direct Member (No. 6611), August 2014
and Volunteer Health check up Clinics
- Dharma Kirti Maha Vihar Since April, 1999 and continue
- Itumbahal free clinic 7th -01- 2006 (23-09- 2062 BS ) continue
- Baristha Samaj free clinic last 2009 and continue
- JGO, JOY OF GENUINE ONENESS, Hanumandhoka,18-04-2057 to 29-06-2071 (2 August 2000 – 15 October 2014 )
- Set up Ghumarchowk Free Health Clinic since 2009 , supply of regular free medicine to villagers in continue basis, under rotary Thamel
- Loo Nibha Free Health check up Clinic from 19th April 2001(06-01-2058) to 2007
- Shwet Kali Free clinic, Naradevi, Kathmandu Since 25th October 1999 to 30th April 2001(08-07-2056 to 17-01-2058).
- Shakya Singh Vihar, Since 1995 to Sep 2005
- Peter Campion (Prof. of Primary Care Medicine,
University of Hull, East Riding Campus,
8th Northview, Little Weighton, East yiorkshire,
HU 20 3ul, U.K., 18th Nov 1998)
- XIth SAARC Summit
Conference 4th-6th Jan 2002, Kathmandu
Committee for medical coverage
- Chairman organizing for
committee, Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba from 30
Nov - 2 Dec 2004 for the recognition of generous contribution and
commendable work of Health Camp in making Second World Buddhist
Summit in success in Lord Buddha Birth Place Lumbini.
- Dr. David L Scott, MD,
13 Oct 2003.
- Dharmakirti Health Committee, For
Mega Health Camp organized in Lumbini from 23-25 Nov 2001, which served 2200 people.
Commander, Headquarters British Gurkhas
British Forces Post Office 4, 3rd December 2001
- D. Stephen Scott, MBCHB
MRCGP, DTM of H 31st March 1997
crafts designing, Cultural exchange, Participating in social activities
& Short trekking.
New Edition 2009, pg-145
Edition 2003, pg-139